Clearleaf HR Consulting will only collect, use or disclose sensitive personal data about you in accordance with the law. In most cases, Clearleaf HR Consulting will only collect, use or disclose sensitive personal data where it has received your explicit consent. Who will be collecting your personal data? Clearleaf HR Consulting is a specialist professional recruitment consultancy placing candidates on a permanent, contract and interim basis in accountancy & finance, banking, operations, legal, information technology, sales & marketing, human resources, support & administration and engineering. Your personal data will be collected by Clearleaf HR Consulting to provide you with recruitment and/or related intermediary services. How will your data will be collected?
Generally, Clearleaf HR Consulting collects personal data directly from you. For example, it collects personal data when you: deal with Clearleaf HR Consulting in person, by telephone, letter, fax, email or via our website;
• supply a CV or application form;
• fill out and submit a registration form;
• subscribe to job alerts emails;
• submit any other information in connection with your application for registration;
• complete psychometric assessments.
Personal data about you may also be collected from third parties that Clearleaf HR Consulting contacts for verification or vetting purposes. For example, when Clearleaf HR Consulting receives:
• any reference about you;
• results of enquiries of former employers or engagers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration bodies;
• the results of any psychometric, competency or medical test;
• performance feedback (whether positive or negative);
• any complaint from or about you in the workplace;
• any information about a workplace accident in which you are involved;
• any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved.
Clearleaf HR Consulting will normally require you to provide signed consent to enable us to obtain personal data from third parties (unless you have indicated your consent in some other way) but, if Clearleaf HR Consulting does not have your prior consent, it will take reasonable steps to inform you as soon as possible that it has collected personal data from a third party and ensure you are aware of the purposes for which Clearleaf HR Consulting has collected your personal data.
What types of Personal Information do we Collect? The types of Personal Information that we may Collect includes information necessary for our legitimate business interests and categories of personal information identified in relevant data protection laws in the Republic of South Africa, including the Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013 (“POPI”). The types of personal information includes identifiable information such as your first and last name, your email address, postal address, your qualifications and job experience, your telephone number, cellphone number, date of birth, and any other information which is necessary in order to facilitate finding you employment with a suitable employer (” Personal Information”). We may also Collect other information, including your interests, preferences, geographical location and demographics (e.g., age, race, gender, and income information). We may on occasion combine Personal Information we receive from publicly available records and information you disclose to carefully selected third parties to develop a customer profile relating to you. We will attempt to limit the types of Personal Information we Collect to only that to which you consent (for example, in the context of online registration, message boards, surveys, and polls) and which is necessary for our legitimate business interests. When you visit our Website, our web server also automatically records the name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider), the website from which you visit us, the pages on our sites you visit and in what sequence, and the date and length of your visit. This information is aggregate and anonymous data and does not identify you specifically.
How Clearleaf HR Consulting may use and disclose your personal data
• to provide recruitment and/or related intermediary services to or for you and to facilitate the recruitment process;
• to match your details against job vacancies which Clearleaf HR Consulting feels may be appropriate for you in order to assess your suitability for them;
• to apply for jobs on your behalf by sending your data to clients;
• to allow you submit your CV, apply for specific jobs or to subscribe to Clearleaf HR Consulting’s job alerts so that Clearleaf HR consulting can notify you when relevant job vacancies arise;
• to market our recruitment services to you across all areas of the Clearleaf HR Consulting;
• to develop and market other products and services, to improve Clearleaf HR Consulting’s customer service and to make Clearleaf HR Consulting’s services more useful to you (which includes tailoring the Clearleaf HR Consulting’s website in order to better suit your requirements);
• to inform you about any relevant industry developments, send you details of any events, promotions and competitions, and to communicate any other relevant information;
• to maintain and promote Clearleaf HR Consulting business relationships;
• to answer your enquiries or questions;
• for other purposes for which you have engaged Clearleaf HR Consulting. Clearleaf HR Consulting may also disclose your personal data to third parties if they have a proper interest in the disclosure, such as:
• prospective employers or engagers;
• other recruitment companies or intermediaries involved in managing the supply of personnel;
• external vetting bodies e.g. to obtain employment checks;
• third parties who perform functions on Clearleaf HR Consulting’s behalf and who also provide services to Clearleaf HR Consulting, such as professional advisors, IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on Clearleaf HR Consulting business technology systems, research and mailing houses and function co-ordinators;
• Clearleaf HR Consulting insurers;
• a professional association or registration body or regulatory or law enforcement agencies if Clearleaf HR Consulting is required by law to do so.
If Clearleaf HR Consulting engages a third party contractor to perform services which involve handling or processing personal data, it takes reasonable steps to prohibit the contractor from using personal data except for the purposes for which it was supplied or for processing it other than in accordance with Clearleaf HR Consulting’s instructions. If Clearleaf HR Consulting enters into a joint venture with, is sold to or merged with another business entity, your personal data may be disclosed to Clearleaf HR Consulting’s new, or potential, business partners or owners. By providing Clearleaf HR Consulting with your personal data, you consent to Clearleaf HR Consulting disclosing your data to its new, or potential, business partners or owners if one of these situations arises.
Unless required or permitted to do so by law, Clearleaf HR Consulting will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of your personal data without your consent.
Will my Personal Information be used for marketing purposes? Provided that you have given us prior consent, we may use your Personal Information for the purposes of: marketing of our own products and services; or marketing of products and services on behalf of selected third parties, if you have agreed to your details being passed onto third parties. This would include the provision of industry related newsletters, news or other products, services or news in which you express an interest, via any form of electronic communications (such as email and/or SMS). You are entitled to request that we do not use your Personal Information for the purposes of marketing campaigns and you may opt-out from receiving any further marketing, newsletters or any other information which might be of interest to you at any time.
What security measures are in place to protect my Personal Data? Although absolute security cannot be guaranteed on the Internet, we have in place reasonable technical and organisational security measures to protect your Personal Information against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, misuse, destruction or against unauthorised disclosure or access to the information we Collect. While we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Personal Information you provide us, we will continue to maintain these security measures over time in line with legal and technological developments as required by applicable law, including POPI. Clearleaf HR Consulting holds personal data in a combination of secure computer storage facilities. Clearleaf HR Consulting has security procedures in place to protect the personal data it holds from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Clearleaf HR Consulting uses a number of processes to protect your personal data including:
• locks and security systems;
• computer passwords and limited access to shared network drives to authorised staff;
• virus checking;
• auditing procedures and data integrity checks;
• recording of file movements;
• security classification to identify data needing special protection.
Clearleaf HR Consulting will keep your personal data no longer than necessary. Clearleaf HR Consulting will appropriately dispose of your personal data when it is no longer required or if you ask to be removed from our systems so that it is protected from unauthorised use or disclosure.